Tuesday 3 June 2014

Absence

   I've had exams over the past few weeks, so I've been revising hard and didn't have any time to blog. But, now that they're over, I'm hoping to start posting 1 or 2 a week. I've also been considering moving to wordpress, because it seems to be a wider known blogging site and therefore might mean that my blog will reach a wider audience. If I do move, it'll be posted on here.

   Obviously, I've had little time to really write anything. So, instead, I'll give my top 10 songs I've been revising to over the past few weeks.


  1. Death Cab for Cutie - A Lack of Color. This song is perfect for starting revision as it's so calming - the slow tempo and Ben Gibbard's soothing vocals are a sure fire remedy to revision stress and panic.
  2. Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home (acoustic). This song is so catchy and I love Bebe Rexha, but personally when I revise club tracks are a no. Solution? The acoustic version. It still carries the same energy but a little more subdued and not too distracting.
  3. Panic! at the Disco - This is Gospel. I love revising to this song, because it's the perfect mixture of Vices & Virtues and their newer, more electronic sound. It's upbeat and shows off Brendon Urie's amazing vocal range.
  4. VersaEmerge - Your Own Lov.e. As you can probably gather, I'm a real sucker for strong vocalists with a kick-ass range, and this song offer's just that in Sierra Kay's voice, but with the added softness of Blake Harnage's allowing the track to really balance out.
  5. Paramore - Ain't It Fun. I'm not sure whether 'motivational' is exactly the right word for this song, but it certainly got me working. It's catchy without being obtrusive (i.e, I only caught myself singing along to it once or twice instead of revising...)
  6. Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX - Fancy. I love this song. I find it strangely empowering and positive, perfect for getting into revision mode. Also Iggy Azalea is a really talented and diverse artist.
  7. Lights - Peace Sign. Like 'Fancy', I find this song positive(ish) and it's upbeat. I can't get enough of Lights' sound as I find incredibly unique. I could happily listen to this song over and over and not get bored.
  8. Deaf Havana - Boston Square. I find this song very familiar, and it brings back memories of seeing Deaf Havana live which I thoroughly enjoyed, so it automatically puts me in a happier and more positive place.
  9. Chvrches - Mother We Share. I've only recently got into Chvrches, and their electronic, futuristic sound mixed with Lauren Mayberry's voice is a perfect combination. The verses build up to the chorus and keep me awake and engaged.
  10. Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons. Another oddly motivational one. Charli's sound is so unlike most other electronic artists which gives her a bit more of an edge. To be honest, all of True Romance is great for me to revise to, but this is my favourite track off the album.
   I think everyone revises to different things, so this isn't what you should revise to, just what I have found works for me. I owe a huge thanks to all of the artists that have made revision just that bit less tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment