Monday 2 September 2013

The Insanity Workout

   Well, after 63 long days, I have finally completed the Insanity workout! Month two, as expected, was much harder than month one - the workouts are longer and more taxing with fewer scheduled breaks. Compared to month two, month one was an absolute breeze!

   As far as the overall programme goes, it is a difficult workout. Personally I would not recommend it if your current exercise regime consists of nothing because the sheer intensity of each workout is a real shock to the system. Shaun T reverses the usual method of exercise; so rather than doing gentle exercise which spikes for a minute, you do hard exercise with a minute break (which entails stopping completely to allow your heart rate to lower).

   Personally, now that I've completed the entire 63 days, I can say that it really has made such a difference. I don't feel nearly as tired as I used to, my legs are much stronger and my flexibility has improved. I was able to complete a 12 mile bike ride two days ago (albeit mostly on level ground) and not feel the usual aches and pains the next day like I would have had I not done been on the insanity programme. Also, as I mentioned in my previous half-review, the programme was good for me because I could complete it at home and can go back to certain exercises now whenever I feel it necessary. 

   Overall, I would recommend this workout, especially if you have the time and motivation to stick at it. Sometimes, for me, it did take a lot of self motivation to keep at it every day but I am incredibly glad I did. Although I didn't use the results and recovery formula or stick to the nutrition guide provided, it still made a difference.


Fit test results: Days 1 and 63
Switch Kicks

  • First test: 40
  • Final test: 60
Power Jacks
  • First test: 34
  • Final test: 62
Power Knees
  • First test: 60
  • Final test: 105
Power Jumps
  • First test: 15
  • Final test: 45
Globe Jumps
  • First test: 6
  • Final test: 10
Suicide Jumps
  • First test: 10
  • Final test: 15
Push-up Jacks
  • First test: 6
  • Final test: 25
Low Plank Oblique 
  • First test: 14
  • Final test: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment