Saturday 27 July 2013

Half Review: The Insanity Workout

   Around 5 weeks ago, my sister received a package in the post. Before I know it, she's waving a box with 'insanity' written down the side proclaiming that 'we start monday'. I have now completed week 4 of this workout, and so I'm going to give it a halfway review in case anyone is considering getting it. 

   So, day 1 is a fit test - you complete fit tests every 2 weeks, in order to track progress, and complete a final one on the last day of the program. So far, I've completed 2 fit tests and after just 2 weeks following the program day by day I actually improved. Now, a lot of people asked me why I was bothering with a workout like insanity; I'm fairly small and have no desire to lose weight. However, I believe this workout is good for anyone whether you want to lose weight or just increase fitness levels and tone up. With daily stretching it even increases flexibility (or, it has done for me).

   Obviously, as the warnings express and the name suggests, this particular program is hard. The workouts can get really intense and unless you're motivated to stick at it, I can see that some may find it easier to just give up. My advice? Keep at it. Just 4 weeks on and I feel so much better in myself. Some might argue that it's expensive, but so is the gym, and you can't do that in the comfort of your own home! 

   Now, I'm not saying I can see the whole 40 minutes through without taking an unscheduled break here and there, but insanity is definitely working for me (despite not following the nutrition guide provided or drinking 'recovery' formula). If you want something quick you can do at home, I'd recommend this workout. The important thing is to keep pushing yourself through it - it'll start to get easier after week 1!


My fit test results:
Switch Kicks -- FT1: 40 -- FT2: 45
Power Jacks -- FT1: 34 -- FT2: 44
Power Knees -- FT1: 60 -- FT2: 80
Power Jumps -- FT1: 15 -- FT2: 25
Globe Jumps -- FT1: 6 -- FT2: 8
Suicide Jumps -- FT1: 10 -- FT2: 15
Push-up Jacks -- FT1: 6 -- FT2: 12
Low Plank Oblique -- FT1: 14 -- FT2: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment